I inspected the hives yesterday.
Right hive – The right hive was pretty devoid of honey, bees and anything else.
There as a wax moth larvae in frames 6, 7, 8 and 10. I pulled them off the combs with a pair of needle nose pliers. There were plenty on the 10th frame, enough that I just ended up pulling the entire frame and popped it in the freezer.
There were also wax moth larvae in the bottom of the hive, so I swapped out the bottom.
It looks like this hive is simply being raided by the hive next door of its pollen and honey. There didn’t appear to be a queen present because there were not bee larvae present. They had built a small amount of comb, because it some of the frames were combed together and I pulled them apart last week and scrapped off the comb off the top of the frames.
Left hive – The left hive was doing pretty well. LOTS of honey in the top box. Honey and/or pollen in all frames except 10. Brood or larvae in frames 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 & 8.
The bottom box had brood mostly, as opposed to larvae in 2, 4, 5, 6 & 7. Honey and pollen in 8, 9 & 10.
Queen cup in the bottom of frame 4.
I added a honey super onto this hive, without the queen excluder just to give the bees somewhere to go.
The wax foundations on one of my honey supers had a white powdery substance on it. I didn’t know if that was the beginnings of wax moths so I stuck the whole lot in the freezer.